Thursday, September 23, 2010

GOOD FRIENDS AND LOST RELATIVES

Today started out with breakfast with the ladies of my Red Hat group.  We decided to try the new Panera that opened at the Forum and we were not disappointed.  Food was excellent and so was the company.

It seems like it's been quite awhile since we've had a number of ladies present.  With our busy schedules that seems to be at least one or two that isn't able to come to breakfast.  And it looks like we have a couple that will be hitting the road shortly taking trips across country.  It's not me this time!

We talked about the upcoming genealogy meeting at the Schertz Library in Oct.  I am anxious to check out the speaker they have scheduled.  I keep trying to figure out the DNA stuff but it is so confusing.  I do hope our speaker will be able to tell or explain to this simple mind how to figure out the markers and maybe some more ins and outs of it.

I keep hearing that some people have found long lost relatives because they've had their DNA tested then low and behold a relative did the same, and they found each other!  Oh if it were only me. 

I know it's in God's timing and He will give me the grand revelation when He thinks I am ready for it.  But I am so impatient, and I thought my daughter was the only one that was impatient!  I've had my eyes glued to the computer and hunted for so long to find a missing relative that I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one from whatever gene pool I'm from.  See how confused I get!

If anyone is interested in their DNA the Schertz Library will have a speaker on Oct 5th at 6:30 in the library meeting room.  Maybe you'll be able to understand it.  Then will you explain it to me?

Until then...........

No comments:

Post a Comment