Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WANDERING MIND

I'm slow at writing my pages.  You ask why???  Well I have this problem.  I can't help myself.  I start working on a page then my mind wanders and I stop what I'm doing and start looking again for more information about my ancestors.

Something will trigger my thinking and then I have to look at another avenue to try to find answers.  My brother has said I would make a good detective.  Well I want to know the answers.  Sometimes it consumes me........and I want to know more.  I want to get into the head of my ancestor.  Why did he move on?  Why did he go that way instead of the other way?  Just like a small child always asking mommy why.

I never would have thought I would have this drive to want to know more.  Maybe it's because it's about my family.  Where ever the drive comes from, I have it....... bad. 

Thus far there have been times where the information fell into my lap.  Laptop that is, while I was searching for something else.  Then when I followed up on the information, I found it to be true.  What a wonderful surprise.  You ask why do I have to follow up.  Well let me tell you.  When I first started out looking into my ancestors past I was told by a genealogist always follow up with the paper work.  Don't take someones word for it.  Put that piece of paper in your hand that tells you yes, you are correct.

A good bit of advice I've followed and I will continue.  So it's off to look in another direction.

Until then.................

No comments:

Post a Comment