Monday, January 28, 2013

KATIE...DNA...OH MY

I'd like to say I have Katie's story finished, but I can't.  I can say I have a LOT of it done.  Still thinking of leaving it as a novella, but then, I could tell more about her life.  Especially since I've researched her life right down to the inth degree.  Well close anyway.

I feel like I know more about Katie than I do my own mother.  Ah, yes, my mother.  I do wish she would have been more open about her life.  Well, I know she wouldn't tell me everything, as I wouldn't tell my children everything of my younger days. 

Now this brings me back to DNA again.  Yes that ever present question that lingers in the back of my mind, that works it's way into my every thought most of the time.  DNA, the mutations that pass from one generation to the next. 

Mutations can be inherited or acquired.  When a mutation is inherited from a parent, it is present in almost all of the body's cells.  Acquired mutations are changes in the DNA that develop throught a person's life.

Here I go again.....I get so confused

I'm not going to go into all of that biology stuff.  I never took biology, chemistry, etc. in school.  Wasn't smart enough.  I do good to add one and one. 

Over the week end a name was added to my DNA match, third cousin, in Ancestry.  I do not recognize any name much less trying to figure out how come all the names are in Virginia, Arkansas, and Tennessee.  I was born in Minnesota.  How far apart is that!

Now third cousins are pretty close.  AND if I don't know who my father is, one of those names could be a lead. 

BUT, back to Katie.  I am working on her story, and will finish it and have it published this year.  Katie is dear to my heart.  We've become very close throughout the past three years.  Wow, I've been working on this story for three years.  Enough is enough.  YES, it will be finished this year.

And if and when I find the elusive father I will shout it out so everyone will hear!

Until then........................

No comments:

Post a Comment