Monday, February 13, 2012

LOOKING FOR LAFAYETTE

I get so caught up in the moment when I find information that I just write it down and go on.  Then a few months later I'll look at it.  Well I did just that on Lafayette Wyburn.  I wrote down his father's name, mother's name, and the date they got married which was 12 Aug 1857 Crawford County, WI.  Well Lafayette was born in 1849 in IA.

So this leads me to believe William Wyburn had been married before.  Perhaps his wife died in child birth.  Maybe Lafayette was an only child.  If his wife died while giving birth then William was out looking for a wife to help raise his son. 

Now comes the hard part.  Who was Lafayette's mother? 

I have a pretty good account of where Lafayette lived:  1860, 1870, 1880 living in Crawford County, WI.  1905 living in Allamakee County, IA.  Can't find him in 1900.  In 1910 his wife is living in Dubuque, IA as a widow.  So he had to have died between 1905 and 1910.  A five year spread to look through but I feel like the blood hound with his nose to the ground bound and determined to find my answer.

So.....until then.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment