Thursday, October 6, 2011

CHASING RABBITS

I have come to the conclusion that I am again chasing rabbits.  I can't seem to focus on one thing and see it through.  Oh come on now, you know what I mean.  I read my e-mails and think of something I should have done so I go do it in the middle of reading the mail.  Then as I'm working on that I remember something else that needs to be done, and so on, and so on.

Someone told me that was a sign of getting old.  I refuse to believe that.  Just because I'm pushing the big seven zero, and I might add pretty hard, that doesn't mean I'm getting old.  You are only as old as you feel.  Enough said!

As I go through and find one ancestor I come across another one.  So I have to check that one out to make sure it's one of mine.  Oops, chasing another rabbit. 

Well I am trying hard to put together the big Green reunion for next June.  Things are looking good but there is always something else that comes up.  Yep, got to get the t shirts ordered.  I already have the design and I'm quite pleased with it.  It's a tree with Nathaniel Green written on the trunk.  His children are big leaves in the tree with their names on the leaves.  Not too orignal but fitting.

Just trying to find out if my Nathaniel is related to the General Nathanael Greene born in Rhode Island in 1742.  I read an obit of my Nathaniel's son, Ira, that leads me to believe he throught his father was related.  I would really like to find out, for sure, by the time the reunion rolls around.  Going to be so much fun!  Looking forward to it.  Let me know if you are related.

Until then............................

No comments:

Post a Comment