Tuesday, December 28, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Only a few more days and we will be ringing in another new year.  Where has this year gone?  As we get older it seems like time flies by so fast.  Long gone are the lazy days we used to lay in the grass and stare up at the clouds and dream of flying, or even tugging on the string to keep our kite soaring.

What happened to the front porch sittin' days?  Slowly rocking back in forth in the rocker, waving to neighbors and their children as passed by.  Remember when everyone on the street congregated at one house and chit chatted.  For that matter what happened to the front porch?

Am I telling my age here?  Well I can remember when I used to sit on the front porch and my mama shooed me into the back yard to talk to my friends.  She said.  "A good girl doesn't hang out on the front porch advertising."  It took me a long time to understand what she was talking about.

Oh well, on to better times.  Reflecting back through the years, letting my mind wander, to the happier times in my life.  Watching my children opening their presents at Christmas.  Their smiles and giggles as they tore open the paper and flung it aside to see if they got what they asked for.  Which usually they did.

The delight I felt as I watched each one of my children walk across the stage to receive their diplomas.  Helping them decide on what college they wanted to attend.  Then being there when they pinned on their first strip coming out of boot camp.  Army, Marines, and Air Force.  My children have you covered.  Rest assured, you are safe.

Their marriages and my grandbabies!  How much more blessed could a person be?  To sum up my year I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.  I pray each one of you are too.

Until then..........

No comments:

Post a Comment