Tuesday, September 3, 2013

PICTURES CAN BE DECEIVING

I haven't written anything for a couple of weeks.  You ask why?  Well, because, I'm working on the DNA and one day I'm up because I think I've found the link.  Then the next day I'm down because it wasn't the link I needed.  Then I get all revved up to write and, not sure here how to explain, but I'm afraid to write something, afraid that it isn't it, and afraid that when I do find out the results of the DNA tests it will not be what I expected. 

Oh my goodness, did I explain that well enough?  Probably not.

Yesterday I found a folder I had tucked away because I moved on to something else.  In it were letters that had been written back in 1998 and 1999.  When I first found out my father wasn't my father I wrote letters upon letters to everyone with the last name of Wyburn.  Hoping someone would answer and give me a lead.  Well I did get a couple letters returned but I was filled with more questions than answers. 

I found a friend of my mother's, who was very close in the late 30's and early 40's.  She even gave me her phone number, and was very helpful in a sense, but still no clue to who Wyburn was.  What she told me was that he wore a leather jacket and rode a motorcycle, and he liked to dance.  So did my mother.  And through the years I do remember my mother liked to dance.  Maybe that is where I got it from!

I was able to find relatives of Wyburn (two cousins) who have helped me with providing pictures.  Since then I've looked at the pictures a thousand times but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Open one door......four years ago.  While in South Carolina for my grandson's graduation from Ft. Jackson my daughter and I were talking about Chris.  She said she just didn't know who he looked like.  In a lot of ways he did look like his father but Chris had such big ears and a large nose that she didn't know who that came from.  I joked about it and forgot about it.

Then about a year ago Chris posted a picture of himself on facebook and it hit me in the face.  Wow I've seen that person before.  I pulled Wyburn's picture out and sure enough, the same nose and ears. 

I studied these two pictures until I was cross eyed.  My conclusion.....I'm too close to the story and I see what I want to see.  But then I looked at another picture and say my other grandson's eyes in Wyburn's picture.

This is the only picture I could find of the grandson and it is probably hard to see the eyes.  But I saw it.

Again, I am too close to the subject of finding my biological father that I think I'm seeing things I want to see.  So it's back to the drawing board until I find a close (real close) match to my DNA.

Until then.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment