Monday, June 24, 2013

SO CLOSE TO THE END OF THE CHAPTER

Well after all the trouble, and there still is problems with the blog, I have been able to post the obits weekly.  I do hope they are of some help to those of you researching your ancestry.

Now for the BOOK......KATIE........I'm on the last chapter and then it's off to the editor for major editing.  Will keep you posted on that.  I thought I'd never get this far, but seeing several friends finish their books and getting them published, I said it's time you got with it!  I like where it's going and where it's been.  I pray you will like it too.

In my spare time, like I have spare time from the usual house keeping, I've been trying to tie up loose ends on my husband's genealogy.  I hadn't realized I had not done very much on his parentage.  I've been so wrapped up on my side I let his slide.  So, it's time I worked on the Richardson side of the family.  With what I've found over the week end it would make a good story line!

I think we tend to not see our ancestors as real people.  We live our lives in a hustle and bustle every day, going to work, taking the laundry to the cleaners, buying groceries, taking the kids to and fro from their activities, and I'm sure you can think of a hundred other things.  BUT our ancestors were real people too.  They woke up every day and some wondered if they would be alive by the end of the day.  They had (lived) in hardships we could never understand or imagine.

I read about one Richardson in New England in the 1600's that lost his wife and infant child in an instant while he was only feet from their cabin.  An Indian massacre.  The only survivor was his son that was with him and himself.  He went to marry again, lose that wife, and marry again.  From the third wife they had ten children.  This is only one family from the many that landed on the shores of America looking for freedom of speech and religion. 

So now that I've told you all that I will be working on writing, editing, reading, critiquing, and oh yes, housework for the rest of the day.  Will keep you posted.

Until then.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment