Sunday, April 14, 2013

THE FRENCH SIDE OF THE FAMILY

Aaahhhhhh for a breather, or is it!  My husband's family is French, French Canadian, and Irish.   I have found a lot of the records I'm looking for on Ancestry but most are written in French.  I can get around German (some what) a bit of Spanish (a bit more) but I was never very good at French!

When we were in the Azores they spoke more French/Portguese and I was so lost.  In Germany I got around pretty good, but when I went into France to shop.....well let's just say I handed the cashiers my money and let them take what they needed! 

On some of the documents I can make out legimate marriage, etc. but some of the names are four names long........so really what is their name???

This will be interesting.

Anyway, I thought it was about time I  took a break from my side and work on my husband's side of the tree.  I'll keep you posted.

Until then..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment