Thursday, October 4, 2012

DNA and Genealogy

(this is not Indian Kate as a child but I thought the picture depicts her)

I AM working on Katie........will get it finished, have it critiqued, and get it published; even if I have to publish myself.  Katie has become a part of me.  We've become very close.  I can almost feel her presence, see through her eyes, and smell the fresh fragrance of the woods and rivers.

Now to let you know what I'm working on.  Not that I've put aside Katie, but what I've run into is I think I may have located Katie's sister's family!!!  Shocking isn't it.  

The big thing is there isn't very good records, written records to collaborate this.  Just lots of digging into old files, stories, and well you see where I'm going with this.

Oh did I mention DNA?  I am related to a family with Native American through DNA.  We are working on the link.  So it does look, or am I just hopeful, that I really am related to Katie?????
I would be honored.

Will keep you posted on the findings......now on to the process.  Oh my goodness so much reading!!

Until then........................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment