Thursday, January 6, 2011

DNA AND THE NEW YEAR

A new year and hopefully a year where I can figure out DNA.  It's so confusing.  You have first cousins, second cousins, and so on.  When it gets to the third cousins it gets so mind boggling.  Whew!

I wanted to find out more about my family history so I had my DNA done.  I started out small and had the mTDNA done.  Do you know you are related to so many people in some form or another.  I wanted to know more so I had the next test done.  Well that got even more confusing.  Then I went to a conference where DNA was explained a little bit more.  They said do the Family Finder through Family Tree, where I had already done my DNA testing.

The Family Finder came back and I found third, fourth, and fifth cousins.  None of us are researching the same people!  So where do I go from here???

I keep telling my husband when I die and go to heaven God's going to tell me, but then when I get to heaven I probably won't care.  It would just be nice to know now.  Give me a preview, please.

Anyway so I will press onward and upward tracing the elusive, wandering ancestor that didn't like living in one spot for very long.  And with the last name of Green.  Come on it's got to get easier, doesn't it? 

Until then...........

No comments:

Post a Comment